Formal Hairstyles - The Corporate Look
Hairstyle Tips for the Office by The Beauty Bar
If you work in a corporate setting, your image is important. You want to choose a hairstyle that conveys competence and professionalism. It is best to pick an understated, classic style for an office environment.
- If you have short hair, it must be well-kempt. Messy hair can be considered a reflection of disorganized work habits and sub-par performance.
- Avoid wild curly hair or hair that is excessively teased since this can make you appear unprofessional. You should also not use a lot of gel or other products.
- Avoid ostentatious or glamorous hairstyles, unnatural hair colors, or flamboyant hair jewelry. These can all create a less than professional impression for your co-workers and clients.
- Bobs or shoulder-length styles are considered timeless and professional. Bobs can be long or short and can be stepped or have bangs. To create a sleek bob, spread volumizing mousse through your damp hair. Part your hair low on one side and blow-dry it while pulling down and inward with a round brush. Distribute some hair gloss through your hair, and then use a hair slide to secure it behind your ear on the parted side.
- If your hair is longer than shoulder length, you should pull it into a ponytail or updo. Hair that falls in your face can impede eye contact and make others perceive you as distant and unfocused. Chignons and ponytails are always good choices for a professional office environment. They can be worn sleek or curly, open or braided, and parted or not. These styles can also be modified quickly and easily.
- To create a chignon, work a small amount of gel through your hair from the roots to your ears, part your hair, comb it back, and twist.
- To make a sleek ponytail, straighten your hair with a flat iron. Gather it high at the back of your head, wrap a strand around the base, secure it with a hair slide, and then spray on some high-gloss hairspray.
Read More > Useful Information
31 Liberty St.
Southington, CT 06489
(by appointment only)
(salon calls only please)