Makeup Tips for Holiday Parties
Holiday Makeup Tips by The Beauty Bar
The holiday party season has begun, and you want to stand out from the crowd. Pairing the right makeup with your outfit can make you shine at the party.
- A smoky eye is the perfect choice for an evening holiday party. You can make your look more modern by exaggerating it with a dramatic shape, like wings. Use Scotch tape to guide you so they will be even.
- Color coordinate your makeup. Pair pink lipstick and pink eye shadow to make your face glow.
- You can draw attention to the inner corners of your eyes by applying a touch of metallic eye shadow. Use a color that is close to your complexion. If you have fair skin, use champagne. For olive skin, use gold eye shadow. If you have a dark skin tone, try bronze eye shadow.
- If you are the type who shies away from bold colors, you can try a no-makeup look with a creamy, high-shine neutral lip color to make your holiday party style look polished.
- Accentuate your eyelashes this holiday season. You can do that in two ways. Curl them with a heated curler and then apply two coats of lengthening mascara from the roots to the tips, or apply a full band of false eyelashes on top and individual lashes on the bottom.
- If you want a glamorous but effortless look, try a glossy, soft pink lip color. It can be paired with anything from a no-makeup look to a smoky eye.
- A bold blackberry lipstick will help you capture the attention of other people at your holiday party. Over time it will soften to an attractive matte color.
- A cat-eye is a sophisticated look for holiday party. Use a thin line of liquid eyeliner from the corners of your eyes to the iris close to the lash line, and then extend it just past the outer corners.
- If you want a lip color similar to red but not quite, try tangerine. This color is fresh and unexpected. If it seems too bright, you can blot it with a tissue.
- For a quick and easy holiday party look, use neutral colors on your face and eyes and jazz up your lips with a neon pink color. This shade works with all complexions.
Read More > Useful Information
31 Liberty St.
Southington, CT 06489
(by appointment only)
(salon calls only please)