Private Party Hair & Makeup
Hair and Makeup Tips by The Beauty Bar
The holidays are fast approaching, which means that you will soon be receiving invitations to parties at the homes of your family and friends. Here are some hair and makeup styles to make you stand out this holiday season.
- A dark lip color will set you apart from your fellow party-goers. Try a creamy, dark wine-colored lipstick.
- For a modern take on classic red lips, use a matte lipstick instead of a glossy one.
- For a sophisticated look, give yourself a French manicure. Paint your nails with a neutral color, and then add a finely milled glitter nail polish on the tips.
- Put on a little bit of eyeliner near your lash line, and then apply a bit of gold eyeshadow and blend it out a little past the edges of your eyes.
- Use a smoky gray eye pencil to draw a cat-eye shape, and then smudge it to make a statement.
- If you really want to make your eyes pop, try a smoky eye with a seafoam metallic color.
- Barrel curls are perfect for a holiday party. To get the look, use a large-barrel curling iron to curl large chunks of your hair toward the back of your head. Then run your fingers through your hair and use a little bit of serum to keep your curls from getting frizzy.
- Pull your hair to one side and braid it. Don't worry if some of the ends stick out. Apply a volumizing product to the loose hair around your face.
- The segmented ponytail is popular this year. Create a high ponytail and then add elastics every few inches. Don't pull your hair too tight. You want it to be textured and interesting.
- Make a French braid on each side of your head. Loosely pin the braids together in the back, just below the crown of your head. Pull pieces of hair over the pins for a messy look. Let the rest of your hair fall loosely.
- A holiday party calls for something sparkly. You can wear a necklace, or you can try a jeweled barrette or headband in your hair with a chignon.
Let the Beauty Bar help with your wedding, prom, Sweet 16 birthday party or Bat Mitzvah in Connecticut and get the highest in airbrush makeup quality.
Read More > Useful Information
31 Liberty St.
Southington, CT 06489
(by appointment only)
(salon calls only please)