Protecting Skin in Winter
Cold Weather Skin Care Tips by The Beauty Bar
Cold, dry outdoor air, warm air inside, and even the sun can affect skin during the winter.
Here are some tips on how to protect your skin from winter damage:
- Cold, dry winter air and chilly winds can rob skin of essential moisture, making it dry and flaky. Protect your skin from winter weather by creating a barrier between your skin and the air. Wear protective clothing, including gloves and long socks, to protect delicate skin.
- The sun can damage your skin even on cloudy winter days. Snow on the ground can also reflect the sun's UV rays and harm skin. Wear sunscreen on exposed skin anytime you go outdoors.
- Creamy products can keep your skin hydrated. Wash your face with a cream cleanser, and then apply an alcohol-free toner in both the morning and evening. Apply cream all over your body every day. Concentrate on your arms, lower legs, and lower back. It is best to apply cream before, rather than after, exposure to cold winter air.
- Many people enjoy taking long, hot showers to escape from the winter chill, but that can rob skin of moisture. It is better to take shorter, warm (not hot) showers during the winter. Use a moisturizing soap. You don't need as much on your arms and legs as you do on the rest of your body. Avoid scented body wash because it can dry out your skin. After you get out of the shower, put on a thick, fragrance-free body cream before your skin is completely dry. This will lock in moisture.
- You should also protect your skin at night. Running a humidifier can replace some of the moisture that is lost from the air. Breathing through your mouth at night can cause your lips to become chapped. To prevent this, spread lip balm on your lips before you go to bed.
- If you can afford it, getting a monthly facial is a good idea during the winter. An enzyme peel can exfoliate dead skin cells.
Cold, dry winter weather poses challenges for your skin care routine. With a little extra work, you can keep your skin healthy and beautiful even on the coldest of days.
The Beauty Bar has years of experience applying their artistic makeup and hairstyle skills to many special events throughout the New England and Tri-State area including weddings, bridal showers, Sweet 17 birthday parties, Bat Mitzvahs and proms. Well known for their exceptional ability, high quality cosmetics and professional service The Beauty Bar is just the team you need to get everyone in your engagement party looking their very best.
Featuring MAC and Sephora brand cosmetics and using the revolutionary airbrush makeup system The Beauty Bar can apply soft shades and sexy highlights to anyone in your engagement party without having to worry about makeup running, smearing or smudging. Using the popular Iwata air gun allows The Beauty Bar to evenly apply makeup that will bring out your natural beauty.
It's not always easy finding a stylish you can trust and if you live outside of Connecticut don't worry; The Beauty Bar team is able to travel state-wide and throughout New England and the Tri-State area to get your engagement party styled right. Make your engagement party the fashion event it should be by contacting The Beauty Bar today and making sure everyone's makeup and hair are perfect.
Read More > Useful Information
31 Liberty St.
Southington, CT 06489
(by appointment only)
(salon calls only please)