Back-to-School Makeup Tips
Makeup Advice by The Beauty Bar
Class is back in session, and you want to look stylish as you walk the halls.
Here are some makeup tips for school:
- For a dramatic back-to-school look, create a smoky eye. Simply brush black and gray eyeshadow on your lids, rim your eyes in thick kohl, and smudge.
- To make your eyes stand out, apply ink-black eyeliner to the tops of your eyelids, but don't use too much. Only use mascara on your upper lashes to make them appear longer.
- Highlight your eyes with eyeliner in a vibrant color, such as blue or purple. Keep the rest of your makeup simple to draw attention to your eyes. Contrast the bright look with a simple, understated outfit.
- If you are wearing heavy eye makeup, complement that with a nude lip color. Before you apply your lipstick, buff your lips with a brush and then apply a thick layer of lip balm. Then softly shape your brows.
- To draw attention, opt for a candy-colored pink lipstick. It will make a subtle statement while brightening your face. Wear sunscreen with a bit of bronzer and minimal makeup.
- Summer is over, but you can still create a beach-inspired look at school with coral-shaded lipstick. The color will put a stylish twist on your fall wardrobe. Accent the look with a slight cat-eye.
- To project confidence, paint your lips red. Pick a shade that accents your skin tone and keep the rest of your look understated to avoid drawing attention away from your lips.
- Wear clear lip gloss over your lipstick, or wear it alone to highlight your natural color. You can also choose a shiny gloss or a paler, shimmery color for a more understated look.
- If you are going for a youthful, natural back-to-school look, simply wash and moisturize your face and then apply a hint of blush. Complement this look with a simple, laid-back outfit.
Read More > Useful Information
31 Liberty St.
Southington, CT 06489
(by appointment only)
(salon calls only please)