Winter Hair Care Tips
Cold Weather Hair Care Tips by The Beauty Bar
Cold winter air and the heat indoors can cause dry, damaged hair. Here are some tips to help you keep your hair looking healthy and beautiful this winter.
- Washing your hair can rob it of natural oils. To avoid this, try to wash your hair just two or three times a week. You can wash it in between with a dry shampoo.
- Hair can dry out in the winter, so you need to replenish moisture. Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week to replace moisture that is lost to cold winter air and heated air inside buildings.
- Another way to replace moisture is to use an oil-based product on your hair after you shampoo it. Oils can be used on either wet or dry hair.
- After you shower, dry your hair before you go outside. Moisture in your hair combined with cold air can cause damage.
- You can reduce static by applying a heat styling product before blow-drying, curling, or straightening your hair.
- Regular trims can reduce split ends. Get your hair cut every six to eight weeks.
- Cover your hair when you go outdoors to protect it from rain, snow, and wind. If you are concerned about "hat hair," you can wrap your hair in a silk scarf before putting on a wool beanie. This will prevent damage that could be caused by the hat rubbing against your hair and prevent static.
- Running a humidifier at home can help you replace moisture in the air that is lost to your heating system. A humidifier will keep both your hair and your skin from becoming dry. It should not make your hair frizzy.
Cold, dry winter weather poses challenges for your hair care routine. With a little extra work, you can keep your hair healthy and beautiful even on the coldest of days.
Read More > Useful Information
31 Liberty St.
Southington, CT 06489
(by appointment only)
(salon calls only please)